Spotlight on: Hampstead1 April 2021
This month we focus on Hampstead, located in the North West of London, just three miles north west of the Thames and Charing Cross.
- Hampstead has come a long way since it was a small village near London, but it still retains a charming sense of community along with 50 blue memorial plaques honouring the great and good.
- A real mix of property from cottages and large Victorian houses to huge mansion flats, luxury penthouses and Edwardian mansions. Renting is always an option.
- Hampstead Heath offers 790 acres of woodland along with ponds for wild swimming. Parliament Hill is the focal point of the Heath, with “Kite Hill" famous for its excellent views across the London skyline.
- Hampstead community market sells a wide range of fabulous fruit, veg and flowers, which, along with a great fishmonger and deli, make it a paradise for foodies.
- Kenwood House boasts breath-taking interiors and world-class art, creating a feast for art lovers, along with gorgeous grounds, an excellent café, activities for children and an eclectic series of open-air Summer concerts.
- Fast and efficient transport links. Using the underground, you can get from Hampstead to Euston in 15 minutes, Bond Street in 10 and London Bridge in 20.
- With quirky boutiques, independent shops and top brands, along with fascinating antique shops, retail therapy is high on the agenda.
- Whether you’re in the mood for a traditional English pub, an al fresco bite, a cup of coffee or a romantic celebration, Hampstead has it all on a plate!
- Wide choice of state and private nurseries as well as primary and secondary schools.