Home Minders recommend that specific Landlord’s insurance is taken on every let property to provide maximum protection to landlords. A typical policy should provide the following features:
- Contents insurance on a “new for old” basis and including accidental damage subject to a £500 excess
- Landlord’s liability insurance up to £5 million for any one claim
- Loss of rental income following insured damage to the property for up to 20% of the building’s value or up to £10,000 for leasehold flat owners
- Rent guarantee cover up to £25,000 - optional
- Unoccupied properties are fully covered for up to 60 days between tenancies
- Legal expenses up to £50,000 - optional
Home Minders is happy to recommend a broker who can provide a policy that contains all of these features.
* Home Minders (London) Limited is an Introducer Appointed Representative of Marsh Commercial Insurance Brokers Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Not all products and services offered are regulated by the FCA.